The safe text browser cms4site™ provides the two main solutions:
- Security mode for browsing untrusted sites;
- Reduce traffic when browsing news sites or other, where you need only text info.
Is also useful for web-developers to view site code and headers, or site owners to investigate how search engines see their sites.
Browser is installed inside cms4site™ Site Admin on hosting. Requested pages are firstly fetched by cms4site™ browser to hosting server, processed there and only then are send to user browser in harmless state.
Download™ text browser now! (skatchat', zagruzit', khalyava, proga, besplatny soft)
cms4site-browser.zip 527,608 bytes Aug 2, 2007 13:05:52
- Site address field where you can enter a new URL or see the current page URL after clicking on a link
- Control buttons "back", "forward", "clear", "reload", "get", "top", "bottom", which are always visible in current window
- Viewing mode checkboxes (storing current settings in cookies):
- wrap - automatic lines wrapping
- tags - show as HTML + server response HEADERS (switch off links mode)
- nbsp - convert HTML-entities to symbols
- link - activate links and e-mails (switch off tags mode)
- ends - show paragraph ends (line breaks)
- Time and data size characteristics of current page processing
Setup features can restrict or allow some actions for direct links:
- show image file with warning (e.g. .gif, .jpg)
- download file with warning (e.g. .zip, .pdf)
- disallow access totally (e.g. .swf, .hta)
- page fetch mode (standard or advanced)
- show or hide referrers in requests
The well-known sources of computer viruses coming from html-pages are:
- Objects defined by <object> tag
- Frames of <iframe>, type that additionally can be invisible
- ActiveX and different media plugins
The safety of cms4site™ browser is based on the fact that it is unable to execute scripts, interprete tags, load objects and images, etc. Links are thoroughly filtering before activation. Bad links are not activated at all.
There are several approaches of traffic decreasing:
- Only html code is fetched, images, styles, scripts, objects, ads etc. are ignored
- Those page fetching is an income traffic for hosting which is commonly free of charge
- Processed data size is usually smaller than received because of stripping all html tags
- Data is transferred in compressed format that decreases its size 5-20 times
Some examples of real sites browse in link mode
Remember that when you use your normal browser, you may get additional 100-200 Kbytes of advertising garbage in flash, popups, etc for every page...